Postpartum Doula Services
Many parents wish, in retrospect, that they had spent more time preparing for what happens after the birth of their child. A postpartum doula can help the family understand what to expect, and learn how to care for their baby as well as help create the sanctuary necessary for ideal postpartum recovery. Her comforting presence, coaching and hands-on instruction help parents adjust with more ease to the challenges of newborn family life. A postpartum doula service supports the family through:
- INFANT CARE SPECIALIST TRAINING » for all family members, including diapering, cord care, bathing and learning to read your baby’s cues.
- LACTATION SUPPORT » resolving the challenges of breastfeeding and offering alternative feeding options when necessary or desired.
- GENTLE REASSURANCE » with the natural and challenging emotional and physical phases of maternal recovery, and the ongoing transition to parenthood for both parents.
- DEVELOPING YOUR MATERNAL INSTINCT » while offering different parenting perspectives, and baby calming and sleeping techniques.
- AN EXTRA SET OF HANDS » to prepare nourishing food for mother and family members, organize and tidy baby’s nursery, do laundry, purchase groceries, run errands and offer help with siblings.
- TWIN, MULTIPLE AND PREEMIE EXPERTISE » with NICU-trained doulas and nurses available.
If you are looking for reliable postpartum doula services in the Los Angeles, CA area, contact Bundle Of Joy Doula Services today.